Tuesday, January 29, 2008

An old tradition revived

I set my rig up today and started playing the guitar again - outside of my lessons - in goodness knows how long. The twisted mess of wires which lay before me this afternoon would suggest that this once fabulously dusted and maintained piece of equipment had not been disturbed in some time. My teacher would absolutely cringe if he were to find out just how sporadic my practice regime has been.

This is something I should have done a long time ago. I blame the video games which have taken over my life for well over a year - see below post - for my stunted creativity and wallowing ignorance. Instead of getting the brain cells moving through the constant stream of blogs, I've been melting the old noggin with the continuous flow of radiation from that bright light in the living room. And I've already deduced - many years ago - that this past-time that I have partaken is already melting whatever character I have left, so spare me the talk. You don't necessarily have to become a philosopher king to figure that out.

So why the sudden withdrawal from the evils of technology in favor of a more beneficial past-time? Let's just say when things aren't looking good, there has to be a way to express it in more meaningful and less destructive ways. Not to suggest that have been I sneaking out during the night and proceed to act out my hoodlum fantasy, but there is only so much one can do to seek satisfaction in an otherwise unproductive routine.

No comments: